Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Wedding Story


After 18 months together, Richard and I tied the knot at Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury.

I will now advise my customers to savour every moment of their day as it just flew by so quickly. All the planning, all the little finishing touches, all the panic and mayhem is suddenly behind you and then like a flash it's over and you're on your honeymoon!

The civil ceremony was great, nerve racking but very romantic. Had a bad hair day, as expected - but aside from that everything played out.

We had an acoustic guitarist at the ceremony who played here comes the sun by the beatles, all the ageing hippes loved it!

Our florist (Flowerscape, Ruyton XI Towns, Shropshire) made our stunning antique rose bouquet, flower posey and button holes. They were awesome, all adorned with lace and mixed up with wax flowers and thistles.

We decided to opt for less formal photography for our wedding, after looking at many online portfolios. Photographer Michelle Jones was great. She put everyone at ease and made the photos fun. Many of our guests commented on Michelle's style, being less intrusive and bossy than others!

We're chuffed to bits with the snaps and would recommend Michelle to anyone looking for a contemporary photographer with creative flair.

I hate the fact that I won't ever be able to wear my wedding gown again. Yolanda by Claire Pettibone. Even though you will rarely see me not wearing jeans and a mens jumper, I did feel so special wearing it. It was the dress I dreamt of and managed to find it as a shop sample in my size - greatly reduced! It must have been fate!

We had a 8 night break in Israel and manged to see a great deal of the country, it went too fast and we're already planning out next trip out there. Would defintely recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to 'relax' as every moment you're not doing anything -you can stress about all the amazing things you could be seeing.