Friday, June 26, 2009

Asian Wedding Invitations


I love Asian inspired art and items. My honorable sister just arrived home from a trip to Japan. Lucky her -- I am jealous! She has been several times now for work, and upon each of her returns she has brought me incredible gifts! She has presented me with a mauve kimono jacket that fits perfectly. There are Geisha hair sticks and combs, Geisha decorative lipstick holder (a gorgeous little clam shell hand painted gold with a Geisha image on the front), and a Geisha fan and purse. For many years, I have been intrigued by the beautiful Maiko and Geisha. My favorite book/movie is "Memoirs of a Geisha".

My sister has given me lovely Asian inspired papers and stationery as well as a gold plated Japanese paper weight. My goal is to start a series of Japanese wedding invitations and Asian inspired wedding invitations and stationery to complement. Here is a Cherry Blossom Wedding Invitation that I created for a client a few years ago. The Cherry Blossom theme was hand painted on menu and thank you cards to complete her wedding stationery wardrobe. The handwritten wedding invitation was flat printed and in the corner of each handwritten invitation I hand painted cherry blossoms.



hand painted cherry blossom wedding invitations

Handwritten and painted cherry blossom invitation by Dayna, The Calligraphy Lady®

oriental inspired save the dates
Oriental Inspired Save the Date Cards
Item Number WA42GGI-233
$108.90 for 100
can be purchased online at calligraphylady.cceasy.com
Click on above image to purchase or type in the item number in our product search area on our calligraphylady.cceasy.com site.

cherry blossom wedding invitation in mocha wrap
Your invitation wording is gracefully surrounded by a rich mocha wrap and pink pastel cherry blossoms. A white invitation is layered on top of a blush background. Enclosure cards are available to complete this ensemble.
Item Number FBN9948PKL1-73 can be purchased online at calligraphylady.cceasy.com
Click on above image to purchase or type in the item number in our product search area on our calligraphylady.cceasy.com site.


I like to take journeys to public gardens for meditation and inspiration. Here are a few pics of the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park California and the Chinese Garden at the MO Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, MO. The MO Botanical Gardens has a peaceful lush Japanese garden which includes a Japanese ceremonial tea house. My favorite time of year is when the Missouri Garden hosts annual Chinese and Japanese festivals in May and September. The tea house is only open for special occasions and during the Japanese festival. I have not attended a ceremony yet, so that is another goal for me this year!



japanese wedding invitations
A bonsai in the Japanese Friendship Garden in CA

japanese wedding invitations
Dayna enjoys a rest by a tranquil fountain in the Japanese Garden.

japanese wedding invitations
One-of-a-kind picture which my husband took of two lizards on a concrete pagoda shaped statue in the Japanese Garden. Don't you just love the symbolism -- the yin yang element and imagery?

chinese wedding invitations
Chinese Garden at the St. Louis MO Botanical Gardens. My sister also gave me a beautiful Chinese calligraphy brush for my birthday last year. The calligraphy brush is definitely one of my treasured gifts.