Monday, March 5, 2007

Michelle and Eric's Wedding in Hamilton, New Jersey

the INSIDE SCOOP on
Michelle and Eric's Wedding in Hamilton, New Jersey



~Working with Michelle was such a joy. She and Eric were planning a small, intimate wedding. And she had this unique idea that she wanted for their wedding invitations. She said to me, “Dayna, I want my wedding invitations to look like a personalized note to each one of our guests.” So with that direction, I created their wedding invitations in the fashion of a personalized handwritten note. I suggested my spencerian calligraphy with a few of my romantic flourishes, swashes and embellishments for a simple, elegant look. Next, each invitation was addressed to each guest! I also suggested a two letter monogram for the top of the invitation to coordinate with the handwritten wedding invitation text. We combined Michelle and Eric for their “ME” monogram. Michelle asked if she could submit my monogram design to Toppers With Glitz, and they created a fabulous cake topper. What a way to carry out a wedding theme! Love it! Don’t you? Très chic! Fabu!

Here’s what Brides New Jersey magazine wrote about The Calligraphy Lady® in their article featuring Michelle and Eric’s wedding: “Mi Peter Max Dierkes, the pastry chef at Rat’s, made this French white-chocolate buttercream-frosted and bitter-chocolate-glazed cake. Fresh blue-and-white hydrangeas adorned the cake, and a monogram designed by the invitation calligrapher, Dayna Bischof, inspired the blue Swarovski crystal cake topper from topperswithglitz.com.” Read more about Michelle and Eric’s wedding on Brides.com.